BWF is making a number of resources available for members that focus on different aspects of “good governance“.
This will be one of the themes at the Member’s Forum in Kunshan on Friday 20 May 2016.
Over the past 18 months, the Constitution Working Group has been developing a set of resources for the BWF membership. These have been designed to assist the membership to review their own governance documents and processes. These documents and guidelines focus on some of the more practical considerations for “good governance”.
The documents listed below will be uploaded onto the BWF website (linked here). The first three are now available.
- Guidelines for a Model Constitution
- Model clauses with Notes – model constitution in chart format – sample clauses and notes against the clauses.
- Model Constitution – the same as number two above, but in an A4 / Word format – easily copied and edited.
- Self-assessment checklist
- Descriptions of roles – examples of the responsibilities of elected officials such as – the President, Treasurer, and Secretary.
- Terms of Reference – examples of the responsibilities of standing committees.
- Guidelines for Good Governance
- Self-Assessment Checklist – Indicators of Good Governance