The next Member’s Forum will be held on Friday 19 May 2017 and the Annual General Meeting will be on Saturday 20 May 2017 in conjunction with the TOTAL BWF Sudirman Cup 2017 – 21 – 28 May 2017.
The host city is Gold Coast – Queensland, Australia. The host hotel is Jupiters Gold Coast.
- Friday 24 February 2017 – deadline for nominations / proposals to the AGM / seconding
- Tuesday 31 January 2017 – deadline for payment of 2017 subscriptions
- Friday 31 March 2017 – Notice of the AGM sent to Members
- Friday 14 April 2017 – deadline for amendments to proposals for the AGM
- Friday 14 April 2017 – deadline for host to receive all forms – Visa, Transport, Accreditation Pass
- Thursday 18 May 2017 – 1000 am – deadline to receive Delegates Nomination Form
- Friday 19 May 2017 – BWF Members Forum
- Saturday 20 May 2017 – BWF Annual General Meeting 2017
- Sunday 21 – Sunday 28 May 2017 – TOTAL BWF Sudirman Cup 2017
Documents / Downloads
The following documents can be downloaded from the above download area:
- 01. NOTICE – BWF AGM 2017 – Deadline for Nominations and Proposals (24 Feb 2017)
- 02. Nomination Form for Election – BWF Officers – 2017 – 2020 (deadline 24 Feb 2017)
- 03. Nomination Form for Election to BWF Council – 2017 – 2020 (deadline 24 Feb 2017)
- 04. BWF AGM 2017 – Delegates Nomination Form
- 05. Accommodation Information – Online Reservations
- 06. Visa Request Form – 2017 Forum & AGM
- 07. Arrival & Accreditation Form – 2017 Forum & AGM
- 08. 100 Things to Do and See in Gold Coast – Australia – May 2017
- 09. BWF Memo – 2017 Annual General Meeting – 30 September 2016
- 10. Nomination Form – BWF Appeals Panel (deadline 23 Jan 2017)
- Decide early who will be your delegate (s).
- Ask your delegate to check the expiry date of their passport – they will need at least 6 months validity from the date of travel.
- Check if you need a visa to travel to Australia – if so, download the Visa Letter Request (deadline 14 April 2017).
- Book flights early for your delegate.
- Once you know your flight arrival time – complete /send the Arrival Transport / Accreditation form.
Each Member whose delegate attends the AGM and Forum, shall receive a travel subsidy to assist in covering the costs of travel to the AGM (provided the Member has already submitted its 2016 Schedule by 31 January 2017). Information on the amount each Member receives will be provided in early February 2017.
We strongly recommend that you book early to take advantage of special offers on airfares.
Transport and Airport Pick Up
Airport pick up will be provided from two airports to the official hotel.
- Brisbane Airport – BNE – 90 Km and up to 90 minutes travel time.
- Gold Coast Airport – OOL – 17 Km and up to 30 minutes travel time.
Accommodation – Book Online
- Each Member is responsible for booking the hotel room for their delegates.
- Bookings can only be done online.
- No payment in advance is required however a credit card is needed to make the booking online.
- Cancellation terms apply within 30 days of check in time.
- Book online – download the information above on how to book online.
NOTE – BWF will reimburse one delegate from each Member 3 nights accommodation at the official hotel if they attend the Forum and AGM. The Member must pay first – and the reimbursement takes place up to a month after the AGM.
2017 is an election year for the positions for President, Deputy President, Vice President and 18 Council members. Nominations closed at midnight on Friday 24 February 2017.
The list of those nominated for President, Deputy President, Vice President Para-Badminton and Council can be downloaded above.
Guidelines for Candidates for Election
The Conduct for Candidates for Elections provides guidance on what is reasonable and ethical conduct for those individuals seeking to be elected to the BWF Council.
The guidelines can be downloaded from the BWF website (linked here). Please note that these guidelines are currently being reviewed and some amendments may be made at the next Council meeting on 5 November 2016.
Delegates Nomination Form
Download the Delegates Nomination Form above.
Voting Strength – 2017 – 2020
The voting strength of each Member for the period 1 October 2016 – 30 September 2020 will be calculated next month and the information presented to Council at its meeting on 5 November 2016 – see Clause 15.21 and 7.4 of the BWF constitution (see the BWF website (linked here).
The BWF office will send the Council approved voting strength notice out to the membership the week after the Council meeting 5 November 2016.