The BWF Women in Badminton Commission supports women’s participation in badminton at all levels of the sport – on and off the ‘field of play’. The Commission provides advice to the Council on policy development.
In December 2011, the BWF Council endorsed the goal of achieving an increasing percent women’s representation on the BWF Council. Women currently on the BWF Council are:
– Dagmawit Girmay Berhane (ETH) – IOC Member and BWF Vice President Africa
– Geraldine Brown (AUS) – Vice President Oceania, Chair – Women’s Commission
– Nora Perry (ENG) – Deputy Chair – Women’s Commission
– Li Lingwei (CHN) – IOC Members and Deputy Chair – BWF Events Committee
– Chipo Zumburani (ZIM)- Deputy Chair, Finance Committee
Women in Badminton Commission
The terms of reference (see download manager above) guides the work of the Women in Badminton Commission.
Key areas of focus for the Commission are to:
– monitor, support and enhance women’s participation in badminton.
– create internal awareness within the BWF and the sport of badminton of the importance of women in sport.
– ensure BWF policies take into account the opportunity for full participation of women in the sport including players, Council members / executive, Administrators, Coaches, Technical officials.
– assist in promoting women in badminton – marketing and communications, visual representation of women in badminton.
– be proactive at women in sports conferences and potentially drive international sports conferences and symposiums for women.
Geraldine Brown firstname.lastname@example.org