i am badminton
“i am badminton” is BWF’s global integrity campaign which was unveiled at the 2015 BWF World Junior Championships.
Players are at the centre of this campaign because they have the right to compete in clean and fair sport.
BWF, together with the hosts of the BWF World Junior Championships, organise “i am badminton” activities for players at each championships. These activities aim to teach players about good sports values and to education them in key elements of the anti-doping and anti-match fixing programmes.
The “i am badminton” integrity campaign is about players, coaches, technical officials and administrators working together to protect our sport from threats like doping, match fixing, illegal betting and corruption.
clean · honest · badminton
The “i am badminton” campaign offers a platform for players to express their love and respect for badminton. Players can do this through their commitment to clean and honest play.
This campaign focuses on the overwhelming majority of players who are proud to compete clean and true. The ” i am badminton” campaign is an opportunity for players to proudly state:
- i am clean
- i am honest
- i am badminton
Call to action · show your commitment
Players, members of the entourage (coaches, managers, trainers, physio staff) and technical officials must play their part and commit to the integrity of badminton.
- voice your commitment to clean badminton
- play your best always – play to win always – play true always
- be smart & know the rules – anti-doping rules – anti-match fixing rules
Entourage – coaches, manager, trainers and medical staff
- be a good role model – demonstrate good sports values
- demand clean play from your players – demand fair play
- help educate players – anti-doping rules – anti-matching rules
Technical officials – umpires, line judges and referees
- officiate with integrity
- be impartial and true always