In Dubai in December 2016, five Integrity Ambassadors were announced and presented with certificates by the BWF. These five ambassadors are all Olympians and are part of a campaign that shares the values of ‘clean sport’ and ‘fair play’.
Integrity Ambassadors are the face of the integrity campaign. This is a campaign to raise awareness, focus on good sports values and protect the rights of clean and honest athletes.
The ambassadors will represent and promote the campaign’s values and serve as role models for the badminton world. These athletes compete with passion and take huge pride in playing ‘clean’ and ‘fair’.
- Christinna Pedersen
- Saina Nehwal
- Viktor Axelsen
- Misaki Matsutomo
- Ayaka Takahashi
Integrity Ambassador have a number of roles:
- Being the face of the campaign – their image is used in communication to raise awareness.
- Being a good role model – particularly for youth and their peers.
- Communicating with players about the “i am badminton’ integrity campaign.
- Attending media events – and talking to about their personal commitment to clean and honest.
- Participating in activities – to promote the “i am badminton” integrity campaign.
- Encouraging all players – to personally commit to clean and honest badminton.
BWF announced its Ambassador Programme in December 2015 with Poul-Erik Høyer – BWF President, Yuhan Tan – Chair of the Athletes’ Commission Richard Perot – Chair of the Para-Badminton Athletes’ Commission as the first three ambassadors.
The Ambassador Programme is part of the ‘i am badminton’ integrity campaign launched in 2015.