Please find below important information on planning for the AGM.
- Subscription Payments 2017 – deadline – 31 January 2017
- Key Dates – towards the AGM 2017
- Elections 2017 – How to Nominate / Second Candidates – deadline 24 Feb 2017
- Nominations – Appeals Panel members – deadline 23 January 2017
- Voting Strength 2016 – 2020
- Travel Subsidy – One Delegate to the AGM
Visit the AGM page of the website to read more information and get the forms – visa / transport / nomination for delegates / nomination for elections (linked here).
Subscription Payments 2017
Subscription payments are due this month. The BWF sent to Members the invoices for the 2017 subscriptions in November 2016. Please contact Chia Lee email@example.com if you need us to resend this.
Members must pay the subscription by midnight 31 January 2017 in order to:
- enter players into BWF sanctioned tournaments from 1 February 2017
- host BWF sanctioned tournaments from 1 February 2017.
Furthermore – In order to participate in the 2017 AGM Members must:
- have paid its subscription for the current year (2017) – and
- submitted the 2016 Schedule A
Only Members who have paid the 2017 subscription can:
- nominate a candidate for elections;
- second a candidate who has been nominated;
- nominate a delegate to go to the AGM.
Key Dates – 2017
The AGM is being held on Saturday 20 May 2017 on the Gold Coast, Australia. Members need to plan well in advance. Choose your delegate early, book flights, apply for a visa. All information and forms are on the BWF website (linked here).
- Friday 24 February 2017– deadline for nominations / proposals to the AGM
- Tuesday 31 January 2017– deadline for payment of 2017 subscriptions
- Friday 31 March 2017– Notice of the AGM sent to Members
- Friday 14 April 2017– deadline for amendments to proposals for the AGM
- Friday 14 April 2017– deadline for host to receive all forms – Visa, Transport
- Thursday 18 May 2017– 1000 am – deadline – Delegates Nomination Form
- Friday 19 May 2017– BWF Members Forum
- Saturday 20 May 2017– BWF Annual General Meeting 2017
- Sunday 21 – Sunday 28 May 2017– TOTAL BWF Sudirman Cup 2017
Nominations / Seconding for Elections 2017 – Officers / Council
The deadline for the BWF to receive nominations and seconding of nominations is Friday 24 February 2017.
The process for nominating / seconding is below:
- Make sure your Association has paid the 2017 subscription.
- Complete the nomination form, print out, sign and scan into PDF format document and emailed to the BWF Secretary General.
- Each nomination must be seconded by a different Member from the proposer. The seconder must have paid the subscription before seconding the nominee.
- The letter seconding a nomination must be on official letterhead of the Member and signed by the President OR Secretary General / Chief Operating Officer, then scanned and sent to the email to the BWF Secretary General.
- The BWF office will acknowledge receipt of the nomination / seconding. If you do not receive an acknowledgement, this means the BWF has not received this – please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The BWF website has the AGM information and the nomination forms (linked here).
Nominations – Appeals Panel
On 17 October 2016, the BWF called for nominations for the BWF Appeals Panel 2017 – 2021.
Please see our Memo on this of Monday17 October 2016 for the nomination form and see the announcements page of the BWF website (linked here) for more details.
This is a reminder that nominations must be sent to your respective Continental Confederation no later than Monday 23 January 2017.
Please see our Memo of 7 November 2017 which confirms the Voting Strength for each Member for the next 4 years.
Please also see the BWF constitution (linked here) and criteria to determine Voting Strength – clause 15.21 of the BWF constitution.
The Voting Strength Analysis is published on the AGM page of the BWF website (linked here). Members should check the information in the chart against the criteria in clause 15.21 and email Stuart Borrie, COO email@example.com if you have any questions or comments.
Travel Subsidy for One Delegate – 2017 AGM
The BWF is again offering a travel grant to assist each Member to cover the travel costs for one (1) delegate to attend the 2017 AGM.
The same principles apply as last year. More details will be available in the first week of February.
Please note however that to be eligible to receive the travel grant for the 2017 AGM, the Member must have submitted its 2016 Schedule A no later than 31 January 2017.