Please find below some notices and reminders for the beginning of the year.
- AGM and Member’s Forum 2018 – Key Dates / Location
- Travel Grant for Delegates – 2018 BWF AGM
- Schedule A 2017
- Subscriptions 2018 – deadline 31 January 2018
- BWF Lifts Suspension – Sri Lankan Badminton Association
- Office Closures – 31 January and 1 February
1. BWF Forum and AGM 2018 – Bangkok, Thailand – Saturday 19 May 2018
The 2018 BWF Annual General Meeting will be held on Saturday 19 May 2018 in Bangkok, Thailand, in conjunction with the Thomas & Uber Cup Finals, 20 – 27 May 2018.
- 31 January 2018 – deadline for payment of subscriptions
- 23 February 2018 – deadline for proposals to AGM / seconding (12 weeks out)
- 30 March 2018 – deadline for the notice of the Meeting (7 weeks out)
- 13 April 2018 – deadline for any amendments to proposals (5 weeks out)
- Friday 18 May 2018 – Members Forum
- Saturday 19 May 2018 (1000) – BWF Annual General Meeting
- Sunday 20 – 27 May 2018 – TOTAL Thomas & Uber Cup Finals
Information on the official hotel, visa letters and transport will be sent to Members and posted on the AGM pages of the website by the end of January (linked here).
2. Travel Grant to the AGM
The BWF is again offering a travel grant to assist each Member to cover the travel and accommodation costs for one (1) delegate to attend the 2018 AGM. The same principles apply as last year. More details will be available in early February.
Please note however that to be eligible to receive the travel grant for the 2018, the Member must have submitted its 2017 Schedule A no later than 31 January 2018.
3. Schedule A 2017
To participate in the 2018 BWF AGM, a BWF Member must “be in good standing”. This means that the member must:
a) pay the 2018 subscription (see below)
b) complete the 2017 Schedule A
Please contact Patricia Wong if you are not sure you have sent in the 2017 Schedule A – email@example.com
4. Subscriptions 2018
Subscriptions are due on 31 January 2018. Subscriptions must be received no later than midnight KL time.
Please note that players cannot be entered into competitions after this deadline if the subscription is not paid by the deadline. Clause 26.6 of the BWF constitution states:
“A subscription shall be payable prior to a Member or its players taking part in competitive events as in Clause 26.1. “In no circumstances can a Member’s player(s) or a team continue to compete beyond the due date for payment of the subscription, nor can that Member stage a Federation sanctioned tournament”.
Subscription letters and invoices were sent to Members in November 2017. Please contact Chia Lee firstname.lastname@example.org if you need this to be resent.
5. BWF Lifts Suspension on Sri Lankan Badminton Association
As per our notice of Tuesday 2 January, the BWF lifted the suspension of the Sri Lankan Badminton Association effective 30 December 2017.
Please see the BWF website (linked here) for the list of Members who are not able to enter players into competitions, or players who are barred from entering international competitions.
6. BWF Office Closures
Please be advised that the BWF Office will be closed on the follow days to observe national holidays in Malaysia:
1. Wednesday 31 January – Thaipusam Hindu Festival
2. Thursday 1 February – Federal Territory Day