A four person Para-Badminton Athletes’ Commission was established during the Para-Badminton World Championships 2013 in Dortmund, Germany. The 235 players from 36 countries had an opportunity to elect their representatives for a four year term.
The Commission members are:
- Richard Perot (France) email@example.com
- Yau Tian Ann (Malaysia) Tiam-Ann.Yau@Infineon.com
- Antony Forster (England) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Martin Rooke (England) Mart1705@hotmail.co.uk
The role of the Para-Badminton Athletes’ Commission is to:
- liaise with players, organise players meetings at tournaments and canvas their views and opinions on rules and regulations,development and direction of para-badminton.
- represent the views of para-badminton athletes at Para-Badminton Commission meetings through its representatives;
- report back to the players on outcomes of meetings and representations made at the Para-Badminton Commission meetings.
Two representatives from the BWF Para-Badminton Athletes’ Commission sit on the BWF Para-Badminton Commission, one being the Chair of the BWF Para-Badminton Athletes’ Commission. The other is appointed by the BWF Council on the recommendation of the BWF Para-Badminton Commission to ensure diversity of representation – sport class (standing/wheelchair), gender (male/female) or regional representation.
The BWF Para-Badminton Athletes’ Commission is distinct from the BWF Athletes’ Commission (linked here).
The BWF Para-Badminton Commission (linked here) provides expert advice to the BWF on the training, development and competition needs of those participating and competing in para-badminton.