Until further notice, Tournament Organisers/Members and Continental Confederations hosting tournaments are not allowed to accept entries from the following Members and/or players, for any BWF sanctioned tournament.
This list will be progressively updated when the BWF receives the subscriptions due for each Member for 2017.
1. Non-Financial Members – unpaid subscription for 2017
- Cayman Islands
- DPR Korea
- Equatorial Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Sierra Leone
- St. Helena
2. Member Associations – Withdrawal Fees / Suspension
3. Individual Players – Disciplinary Action
The BWF Disciplinary Committee rules on alleged breaches of the Players’ Code of Conduct and may bar a player from competition. This may also include players under suspension for anti-doping rule violations or other integrity issues.
– Kenichi Tago (JPN) – BWF ID: 63707 – suspended by the Nippon Badminton Association
– Kento Momota (JPN) – BWF ID: 89785 – suspended by the Nippon Badminton Association
– Salar Bayat (IRI) – BWF ID: 81642 – ineligible to play untill 2020 – Iranian National Anti-Doping Agency
– Rong Schafer (USA) -BWF ID:14621- ineligible to play until 24 March 2017 – BWF Doping Hearing Panel
– Sudsaifon Yodpa (THA) -BWF ID:D-THA-0005-F- ineligible to play until 7 December 2017 – BWF Doping Hearing Panel
4. Barred Player Policy
This policy has been put in place, in part, to assist Tournament Organisers and Members to receive withdrawal fees which are due to them.
The procedures are as follows: