The has a range of rules related to disciplinary and appeals processes.
The Disciplinary Regulations – Judicial Procedures and the BWF constitution provide details on the disciplinary processes
and the rights of players, coaches, officials and others who are under-going disciplinary action.
There is also a system of administrative fines. Some in-appropriate on-court behavior for example may attract a yellow or
a red from the umpire, indicating a breach of the code of conduct. These administrative fines cannot be appealed
(see the General Competition Regulations – Appendix 11 – Table of Offences and Penalties).
BWF Council appoints a Disciplinary Committee which has the power to sanction players, coaches, competition officials,
Member Associations or other persons for infringement of any of the Codes of Conduct.
The decisions of the Disciplinary Committee may be appealed. The process of the appeals is governed by the BWF
The BWF has a pool of 15 independent arbitrators that have been approved by the Annual Meeting. Any three of these
can be called upon to form an Appeals Panel where a decision of the Disciplinary Committee is appealed.
Disciplinary Committee Reports
The following disciplinary Committee Reports can be downloaded from the Download Centre.
Disciplinary Committee Reports 2014
Badminton Korea Association
- Disciplinary Committee Summary Report – Badminton Korea Association
Disciplinary Committee Reports 2013
YONEX Canada Open 2013
- Disciplinary Committee Summary Report – 1 December 2014 – Issara Bodin
- Appeal Panel Summary Report – Issara Bodin
- Disciplinary Committee Summary Report – Issara Bodin
- Disciplinary Committee Summary Report – Maneepong Jongjit
Disciplinary Committee Reports 2012
London 2012 Olympics
- London 2012 – Disciplinary Committee Report – HA Jung Eun / KIM Min Jung (KOR)
- London 2012 – Appeals Report – HA Jung Eun / KIM Min Jung (KOR)
- London 2012 – Disciplinary Committee Report – JAUHARI Meiliana / POLII Greysia (INA)
- London 2012 – Disciplinary Committee Report – JUNG Kyung Eun / KIM Ha Na (KOR)
- London 2012 – Appeals Report – JUNG Kyung Eun / KIM Ha Na (KOR)
- London 2012 – Disciplinary Committee Report – WANG Xiaoli / YU Yang (CHN)